what a dark book about the loneliness of life and how we are just travelers and it seems no matter what he did, things he touched would end up in disaster.
well, is that what life is about? endless suffering? maybe not, without the bitterness of life, how can we appreciate the beautiful things in life, like some silly giggle with a true friend, endless nagging of mum, a simple and satisfying meal, and a book that speak our words. or a movie that blows us away.
this is the first novel I finished after deserting years of reading, thinking that book is just an escape of life and it is too hard to give it time, but daemon just effortlessly took me on his journey to Greece, Africa and India. everything seemed to fade to the background when I am just drawn to his own journey, his quest for something, and how things sometimes just ran out of control.
it was an upsetting book yet somehow there is a tiny light of hope lit through. I thought I am a happy person most of the time but there is so much about myself I can related to the story. you touch something, you break it. and it is not easy at all to just walk away. all the past lay on my shoulders and just weight me down, I want to forget it but they just won't let go..

No comments:
Post a Comment